Nobile di Montepulciano
Montepulciano, is a medieval attractive little town south of Siena, home to Nobile (Prugnolo grape, a variety of the San Giovese grape) vineyards producing the special and well known wine and also famous for the famous movie Twilight that was filmed here in this medieval town.
Montepulciano was built in 6C and it is located in a very remarkably and picturesque setting on the top of a tufa hill surrounded by blankets of vineyards.
The regulation for the Nobile, that is a DOCG wine is very severe about the production area (only the territory of Montepulciano), the grapes (Prugnolo), alcoholic gradation (minimum 12%), the age (3 years after the harvest year and 4 years for the Riserva) the bottling (must take place in the production area).
Our first stop will be one of the best vineyard of the area to taste the famous Nobile di Montepulciano and Rosso di Montepulciano.
After a lovely light lunch under the tuscan sun and with traditional tuscan food we will visit another winery for tasting their wines and olive oils;
- 9.00 a.m. Departure from Florence
- 11.00 a.m. Arrival at Montepulciano and visit to the first winery, where you can meet the wine grower who will explain all the secrets of wine making, eventually wine tasting.
- 01.00 p.m. Light lunch at the local restaurant or in a winery.
- 02.45 p.m. Driving along the hills where you can see the different type of vineyard.
- 03.30 p.m. Visit to the second winery, where you can visit the cellar and second wine tasting.
- 04.30 p.m. Return to Florence at approx. 6 p.m