In the Chianti and Super Tuscan Wine and Castle tour, my intention is to involve you in a special and unique adventure in wine, olive oil, in local food, culture and traditions, but it will also include beautiful scenary, breathtaking landscapes and medieval villages.
In Tuscany wine tours you will not be just passive spectators but will be given all the information and tools needed to appreciate and evaluate a glass of wine, or the quality of olive oil for yourselves; you will see how Chianti wine is made from the harvest to the final process.
Meeting Point: Piazza dei Cavalleggeri, Florence. See the map
- 10,00 a.m. Departure from Florence, the first commentary about Chianti, Super Tuscan wine and Tuscany region, along the way
- Arrival at the first Castle/winery, where you will meet the owner or his assistant, here the first explanation will be directly in the vineyard followed by the visit at the wine aging cellar.
- Lunch at the Castle where you will have the chance to pair food and wine
- Visit the medieval town of Greve in Chianti or the little hamlet of Montefioralle
- After lunch we head to the second winery to experience once again the famous Chianti and Super tuscans wine, visit the wine cellar. Before going back to Florence you can have a walk in the vineyard for taking pictures
- Return to Florence around 5.30pm
Included in the Chianti and Castle Wine Tour from Florence:
- English speaking wine and food expert tour guide
- wine tasting in the castle and in a small boutique winery
- two cellar tours
- map of Tuscany wine regions
- a brochure about Tuscany and its wine regions
- olive oil tasting
- air conditioning mini van
- lunch at the castle
- all local taxes
- tour of the castle
- a walk in a medieval town such as Greve in Chianti or Montefioralle