Italian white wine and San Gimignano tour, lets you experience one of the most famous italian white wines called Vernaccia di San Gimignano along with the red super tuscan wine, organic saffron meals and the beautiful medieval town of San Gimignano. The town, built mainly of bricks, with its 14 world-famous towers enclosed within an outer wall including five gates.
During our drive to San Gimignano, we’ll admire the typical tuscan landscape with wineries, olive groves and cypress trees.
Meeting Point: Piazza dei Cavalleggeri, Firenze. See the map
- After a 45 minutes drive we will arrive at the organic winery where you will meet the owner and his dog; you will be informed about the wine making process, walking in the vineyard or in the garden with a view of the towers. Finally the wine tasting: you will taste the organic white wine, a super tuscan red wine along with extra virgin olive oil.
- In between the winery and the visit to the town, we will have lunch in an exclusive organic farm growing the precious saffron spice. Lunch will be based on saffron paired with the white wine Vernaccia; all your senses will be involved, I promise you.
- After visiting the town of San Gimignano we will return to Florence at around 5.30pm, full of unforgettible memories.
Included in the tour:
- English speaking wine and food expert tour guide
- White and red wine tasting in a boutique winery
- map of Tuscany wine regions
- a brochure about Tuscany and its wine regions
- olive oil tasting
- air conditioned mini van
- lunch in a lovely organic saffron farm
- free time in San Gimignano
- all local taxes