Brunello Wine tour
The formula for this wine tasting tour south of siena.
A “cluster” of Brunello wine estimators eager to find out where the Brunello wine was born and eager to discover all its secrets, from the vines to the casks, to the rules to produce it and much more.
Brunello is a red wine, full-bodied, aged, structured and complex, can be elegant or wild, it depends on the philosophy of the wineries and their location.
The scenary is quite different from Chianti region, from where the Chianti is hilly and green, here is mainly brown with cypress trees that appear from time to time.
The only selected area where is possible to make the Brunello wine is set around the pretty town of Montalcino and only 250 wine producers are allowed to make the Brunello and the Rosso di Montalcino wine.
All that makes the Brunello even more special.
Meeting Point: Piazza dei Cavalleggeri, Florence. See the map
- 9.00 am Departure from Florence, 10.00 am departure from Siena
- Along the way you can admire the unique and special landscape of the Crete and take in the first comments on the region and brunello.
- Arrival at the first organic vineyard, where we meet the owner and while enjoying all his wines among which Rosso and Brunello di Montalcino
he will take you into his vineyards for some initial explanations. You will then go on to visit the winery and learn about all the work and the philosophy behind each bottle of Brunello while tasting it.
- lunch at the local restaurant
- After lunch we stop at the second vineyard where you will visit the cellars and again taste a rosso and a brunello
- Back to Siena around 6.00 pm , at 7.00 pm in Florence