Wine Tour description
In the Chianti and Castle tour, my intention is to involve you in a special and unique adventure in wine, olive oil, in local food, culture and traditions, but it will also include beautiful scenery, breathtaking landscapes and medieval villages.
In my tours you will not be just passive spectators but will be given all the information and tools needed to appreciate and evaluate a glass of wine, or the quality of olive oil for yourselves; you will see how wine is made from the harvest to the final process.
Meeting Point: Piazza dei Cavalleggeri, Florence
- 10 a.m. Departure from Florence, the first explanations along the way
- Arrival at the first Castle/winery, where you will meet the owner or his assistant and be taken on a visit to the wine cellars. The whole wine making process will be explained and in season part of the talk will be directly in the vineyard. Taste different red wines including Chianti and Super Tuscan, extra virgin olive oil and sometimes the balsamic vinegar
- Lunch at the Castle with classic Tuscan food
- Visit the medieval town of Greve in Chianti or the little hamlet of Montefioralle.
- After lunch we head to the second winery to experience once again the famous Chianti and Supertuscan wines.
- Return to Florence around 5.30pm
Min. 2 pax: 700€
For each additional person: 200€
Max. 8 people
Our Client's Words
You can read here what some of our clients had to say about our tours. Imagine what we could do for you!
My wife and I took Angie’s Castle & Wine tour in late May. We had a fun, small group with Barbara as our guide. Barbara was very genuine and truly expressed an interest in wanting all of us to enjoy our day, as well as our time in Tuscany Would I recommend the tour? Yes, without a doubt. If you are a red wine drinker, these are smaller producers that you are most likely not able to purchase in the U.S. They make excellent wines, so treat yourself and send some home Our wines arrived in four weeks. Grazie Mille Angie and Barbara for a terrific day!
We had an excellent wine and castle tour day. Federico was an exceptional guide and we had a wonderful time touring and tasting wine and olive oil. We would like to also mention the fantastic lunch we had it was memorable. We would highly recommend this tour.
An amazing day touring the Tuscany wine region! I would especially like to thank Francesca for making my 50th birthday a memory I will treasure forever! Her knowledge of wines, the countryside, olive oil, etc. was extraordinary! The wineries and the owners (Stephania and Marco) were excellent hosts and provided us with samples of the most amazing wines and olive oils. I would highly recommend your company to anyone visiting the Tuscany region! Again, thanks!!!
I went on a wine tasting tour with Angie a few years ago and because of the great experience I booked again for May 2013. Angie’s tour was already fully booked so we were in Olivia’s group, another awesome day! The whole region is beautiful and there are plenty of tour operators but for me Angie’s personal service and small groups make her the go-to company for your Tuscan wine tasting tour. A bonus with the smaller groups is that Angie takes you to small and medium sized wineries, not the giant mass production places, so you really get face to face time with the owner/winemakers.