First stop is a small, family-run organic vineyard where you will get to walk the grounds and learn about the grapes themselves, the wine production, and a little about how organic wine is classified and sold in Italy. You will get to taste some of their organic products paired with their wines and can of course do some shopping before we head out.
Then we will get back in the van and head to the next destination: another small winery with spectacular views of the landscape Tuscany is so famous for. There we will enjoy another explanation of the wine we get to taste and a light lunch to appreciate the wine even more. We will enjoy a variety of antipasti – typical Tuscan starters – including salumi, formaggi, crostini, organic olive oil and much more.
We will then visit the third small organic wine producer for more wine tasting and more wine making explanation.
Finally, we will visit our fourth winery, which boasts a wine cellar dating all the way back to the 1100s, and olive mills as old as the 1300s. We will enjoy some of Tuscany’s most famous red wines, and taste some olive oil that is still produced in the antique tradition. Then, we can head back to Florence for a nice nap before deciding where you will head for dinner!
Multiple wineries in Tuscany, Chianti area. Find out our Tuscan Wineries and Local Food: click here.
This tour will stop at various wineries in Tuscany. We will meet at Piazza dei Cavalleggeri, Florence. See the map
- 9:30 am Depart Florence. Begin to enjoy Tuscany!
- 10:30 am First vineyard visit, where the owner (or assistant) will give you a tour of the vineyards and cellars. You will then enjoy a guided tasting consisting of 3/4 red wines and if not sold out also some delicious white wine.
- 12:00 pm Second vineyard visit including red wine tasting and rose’ wine tasting paired with a light lunch
- 13:00 pm Third winery with a guided wine tasting
- 14:30 pm Fourth vineyard visit with wine and bread and extra virgin olive oil served
- 17:30 pm Estimated return time to Florence