Winter wine tour. Tuscany is always beautiful either in the warm season or in the Winter, and then the wines are good in any season.
In the short 40 minutes drive in the south of Florence to the Chianti region you can admire the beautiful autumn and winter colors of Chianti, the vineyards are now about to go to sleep and you will see only the bare rows, but you will enjoy magnificent views from the Chianti hills. Tuscany is famous not only for its wines, but also for the gorgeous landscape.
In November and December then, you will have the chance to see the olive harvest, which begins in November and ends in late December, and of course you can taste the so-called new green and spice extra virgin olive oil.
In the cellars there’s a lot to do in these months, the wine just harvested is fermenting in the stainless steel fermenting vats and then in March the wine will be transfered into the oak wood barrels for aging. Luckily the 2016 will be a good wine.
The wine cellar is full of delicious smells and life, the new wine is preparing itself…
We will take you to our wonderful organic and sustainable family-run wineries, producing the best wines of Chianti recognized nationally and internationally.
In addition to the wine tasting, our guests can enjoy the taste of cheese, salami, chocolate, bread and extra virgin olive oil.
At lunch, we will go to a local, family restaurant where you can try our typical winter home cooked Tuscan dishes such as pumpkin soup, ribollita, ravioli with chestnuts and grilled vegetables, Tuscan cheeses, accompanied by the wine of the restaurant or we will have a farm lunch at the winery.
Take the winter Chianti and Supertuscan wine tour where you will get a feel for the Tuscan countryside, learning about different tuscan wines, terroir, local food, culture of the Chianti region while you experience the beautiful winter landscape.
Winter wine tour in short
Meeting Point: Piazza dei Cavalleggeri, Florence. See the map
- 10.00 am Departure from Florence, enjoying having a sommelier or a wine maker sharing their knowledge of Tuscany and its wines.
- Arrival at the first winery, where you will meet the owner and be taken on a visit to the wine cellars. The whole wine making process will be explained and if the weather is good we will walk through the vineyard. Taste at least 3 different red wines including Chianti wine, Chianti Riserva wine, Super tuscan wine, extra virgin olive oil.
- Lunch in a family local restaurant for hand made dishes or at the winery with great winter Tuscan food.
- Stops at some scenic viewing points for gorgeous memory pictures of Tuscany.
- After lunch we head to the second winery to experience once again the famous Chianti wine and Supertuscan wine.
- Return to Florence about 430 pm.