Chianti and Castle Wine Tour
In the Chianti and Castle tour, my intention is to involve you in a special and unique adventure in wine, olive oil, in local food, culture and traditions, but it will also include beautiful scenery, breathtaking landscapes and medieval villages.
In my tours you will not be just passive spectators but will be given all the information and tools needed to appreciate and evaluate a glass of wine, or the quality of olive oil for yourselves; you will see how wine is made from the harvest to the final process.
Meeting Point: Piazza dei Cavalleggeri, Firenze. See the map
- 10 a.m. Departure from Florence, the first explanations along the way
- Arrival at the first Castle/winery, where you will meet the owner or his assistant and be taken on a visit to the wine cellars. The whole wine making process will be explained and in season part of the talk will be directly in the vineyard. Taste different red wines including Chianti and Super Tuscan, extra virgin olive oil and sometimes the balsamic vinegar
- Lunch at the Castle with classic Tuscan food
- Visit the medieval town of Greve in Chianti or the little hamlet of Montefioralle.
- After lunch we head to the second winery to experience once again the famous Chianti and Supertuscan wines.
- Return to Florence around 5.30pm
Included in the tour:
- English speaking wine and food expert guide
- wine tasting in the castle and in a small/medium winery
- two cellar tours
- map of Tuscany wine regions
- a brochure about Tuscany and its wine regions
- olive oil tasting
- air conditioning mini van
- lunch at the Castle
- all local taxes
- tour of the castle
- a walk in a medieval town such as Greve in Chianti or Montefioralle
Min. 2 pax: 500€
For each additional person: 100€
Max. 8 people