Chianti Rufina Wine Tour.
Tuscany is one of the most famous wine region of Italy, as a matter of fact in Tuscany there are many wine areas such as: Chianti, Brunello, Nobile di Montepulciano, Bolgheri, Chianti Classico and so on.
The Chianti area is very large, so it has been divided into other wine sub-zones, where we can find Chianti Colli Fiorentini, Chianti Colli senesi, Chianti Colli Pisani, Chianti Classico, Chianti Colli Lucchesi, Chianti Colli Aretini and finally Chianti Rufina.
Chianti Rufina is one of the smallest wine areas with its only 30.000 acres of land and it is located just north of Florence; the landscape is more hilly being close to the Apennines mountains.
Chianti Rufina is a Docg wine, so that the wineries have to respect all the strict rules to make it.
The Chianti Rufina area is still is not very touristy more authentic and very charming.
Wine tour description:
Meeting Point: Piazza dei Cavalleggeri, Florence. See the map
- 9.30 am Departure from Florence, the first explanations along the way,
- After 40 minutes drive we arrive at the first organic winery, where the owner will be waiting for you for a visit to the vineyard, the fermenting steel vats, the aging oak barrels, and everything about making the wine will be explained, Taste at least 3 different red wines including Chianti Rufina, Chianti Rufina Riserva, and also if you like some white wines, extra virgin olive oil
- Lunch in a typical restaurant of Tuscany or at the winery with great Tuscan food
- After lunch we head to the second winery to experience once again the Chianti Rufina wine and other reds
- Return to Florence about 5.00 pm
Included in the Tuscany wine tour:
- English speaking wine and food expert tour guide
- wine tasting in two boutique wineries
- two cellar tours
- map of Tuscany wine regions
- a brochure about Tuscany and its wine regions
- olive oil tasting
- air conditioning mini van
- free wi-fi in the mini van
- lunch in a local trattoria or at the winery
- a walk in a medieval village
- all local taxes
For more information and to book the Rufina wine tour click here.