Brunello Montalcino is a red wine, full-bodied, structured and complex, but at the same time elegant, fragrant and persistent. It is not drunk until 5 years after harvest, although, even 5 years still isn’t really enough for this wine.
Wine Tour description
The private Brunello wine tour is a wine tour in the south of Siena, Tuscany. Brunello wine is a special red wine also for its longevity: you can store a bottle of Brunello wine even for 100 years! If you care to keep in the best condition, though.
As you have already guessed or tasted, the Brunello wine is a full-bodied wine, structured and complex, but at the same time elegant, fragrant and persistent.
It is not drunk until 5 years after the harvest, although, even 5 years still isn’t really enough for this wine.
This region also produces Rosso di Montalcino, which is considered as the younger brother of Brunello, made from the same grapes as Brunello, but only a year old. It is a pleasant wine; lighter, but less complex.
Meeting Point: Piazza dei Cavalleggeri, Florence
- 9.00 am departure from Florence, 10.00 am departure from Siena
- During the wine trip you will see the particularly moon scape of this area due to the erosion of the soil by the rain.
- 11.00 am Arrival at the first organic vineyard, here you will meet a passionate young owner and while enjoying his Rosso di Montalcino he will take you into his vineyard for some initial exposition. You will continue to visit the winery and learn about all the hard work and the story behind each bottle of Brunello wine while tasting it.
- lunch at the winery or in a local trattoria where you can taste a delicious tuscan meal in a panoramic setting. After lunch we stop at another vineyard where you will experience again the Rosso and the Brunello wine tasting.
- Back to Siena around 6.00 pm , at 7.00 pm in Florence
Min. 4 pax: 1150€
For each additional person: 200€
Max. 8 people
Our Client's Words
You can read here what some of our clients had to say about our tours. Imagine what we could do for you!
My wife and I took Angie’s Castle & Wine tour in late May. We had a fun, small group with Barbara as our guide. Barbara was very genuine and truly expressed an interest in wanting all of us to enjoy our day, as well as our time in Tuscany Would I recommend the tour? Yes, without a doubt. If you are a red wine drinker, these are smaller producers that you are most likely not able to purchase in the U.S. They make excellent wines, so treat yourself and send some home Our wines arrived in four weeks. Grazie Mille Angie and Barbara for a terrific day!
We had an excellent wine and castle tour day. Federico was an exceptional guide and we had a wonderful time touring and tasting wine and olive oil. We would like to also mention the fantastic lunch we had it was memorable. We would highly recommend this tour.
An amazing day touring the Tuscany wine region! I would especially like to thank Francesca for making my 50th birthday a memory I will treasure forever! Her knowledge of wines, the countryside, olive oil, etc. was extraordinary! The wineries and the owners (Stephania and Marco) were excellent hosts and provided us with samples of the most amazing wines and olive oils. I would highly recommend your company to anyone visiting the Tuscany region! Again, thanks!!!
I went on a wine tasting tour with Angie a few years ago and because of the great experience I booked again for May 2013. Angie’s tour was already fully booked so we were in Olivia’s group, another awesome day! The whole region is beautiful and there are plenty of tour operators but for me Angie’s personal service and small groups make her the go-to company for your Tuscan wine tasting tour. A bonus with the smaller groups is that Angie takes you to small and medium sized wineries, not the giant mass production places, so you really get face to face time with the owner/winemakers.