The private Brunello wine tour is a wine tour in Tuscany, south of Siena.
The Brunello wine is a special red wine also for its longevity: you can store a bottle of Brunello wine even for 100 years! if you care to keep in the best condition, though.
As you have already guessed or tasted, the Brunello wine is a full-bodied wine, structured and complex, but at the same time elegant, fragrant and persistent.
It is not drunk until 5 years after the harvest, although, even 5 years still isn’t really enough for this wine.
This region also produces Rosso di Montalcino, which is considered as the younger brother of Brunello, made from the same grapes as Brunello, but only a year old. It is a pleasant wine; lighter, but less complex.
Meeting Point: Piazza dei Cavalleggeri, Florence. See the map
- 9.00 am departure from Florence, 10.00 am departure from Siena
- During the wine trip you will see the particularly moon scape of this area due to the erosion of the soil by the rain.
- 11.00 am Arrival at the first organic vineyard, here you will meet a passionate young owner and while enjoying his Rosso di Montalcino he will take you into his vineyard for some initial exposition. You will continue to visit the winery and learn about all the hard work and the story behind each bottle of Brunello wine while tasting it.
- lunch at the winery or in a local trattoria where you can taste a delicious tuscan meal in a panoramic setting. After lunch we stop at another vineyard where you will experience again the Rosso and the Brunello wine tasting.
- Back to Siena around 6.00 pm , at 7.00 pm in Florence
Included in the tour:
- English speaking wine and food expert tour guide
- wine tasting in two great wineries
- two cellar tours
- map of Tuscany wine regions
- a brochure about Tuscany and its wine regions
- olive oil tasting
- air conditioning mini van
- lunch in a local restaurant or at the winery
- a walk in a medieval town such as Castel Sant Angelo or Montalcino
- all local taxes
3 people: € 310 per person
4 people: € 260 per person
5 people: € 240 per person
6 people: € 210 per person
7 people: € 180 per person
8 people: € 160 per person